Georgia Shift is seeking a highly organized, strategic individual with a commitment to long-term organizing and increasing youth participation in elections to lead our civic engagement, leadership development, and issue organizing programs.
Georgia Shift gives marginalized young people a seat at the table of democracy through hands-on education, electoral action, and civic media programs. We envision a Georgia where marginalized young people are the fundamental driver of political impact and public policy at every level of government in an unbridled democracy. Georgia Shift is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with an affiliated 501(c)4 organization, GS Action.
- Management and Field Work (60%)
- Direct all field and issue organizing campaigns and manage fellows executing the programs, including statewide or city-focused voter registration, high school registration, voter turnout (including c4 work in various candidate races), and volunteer programs
- Strategy and Planning (20%)
- Collaborating with director-level staff to drive organizational strategy and set priorities.
- Lead the curriculum and programming for our fellowship program
- Outreach and Partnerships (20%)
- Strengthen existing external relationships and build new ones to support program effectiveness.
- Represent Georgia Shift in various progressive coalitions, manage political relationships as they relate to your department, collaborate regularly with partner organizations, and contribute to program strategy
- At least 2+ years of community organizing experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects, plan backwards, anticipate obstacles, run a tight ship, and develop staff
- Experience organizing colleagues, organizations, and/or movements using a racial and gender justice and/or equity lens
- Experience in developing and maintaining trusting relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, ability to meet people where they are, find common ground, and inspire collective action
- Event coordination & planning experience
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Reliable transportation and a driver’s license is required
- Willingness to travel within Georgia and work non-traditional hours and weekends
This is a full-time, permanent position based out of Augusta, Georgia, reporting to the Executive Director. Georgia Shift provides medical and dental coverage with paid sick and vacation time, along with a professional development budget. Salary range is low to mid 40s, commensurate with experience.
Please email your résumé, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Ian Bridgeforth. Applications received by 4/15 will receive priority. This position will be open until filled. No phone calls please.
Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.