Since 2011, the Georgia State Legislature continuously reduced our state-based HOPE Scholarship and Grant programs, hurting marginalized students, particularly low-income students and black students.
This reduces college access, makes it more difficult to complete a degree, and weakens financial security post-college.
To fix this, we need to:
- Fully fund the comprehensive needs-based financial aid program for low-income young people of color
- Allow undocumented young people to receive in-state tuition for all public universities
- Provide first-class access to childcare, transportation, broadband, and housing.
- Restore the HOPE Scholarship to full tuition and fees
- Restructure how the HOPE Scholarship is funded, shifting from the lottery’s regressive tax on the poor to an alternative funding model that works for everyone.
Sign the petition and join our campaign today to make college affordable for everyone!